07 September, 2006

Addicted to Addiction...

So I’m puttin it out there for folks who don't already know...

In my former life, I was a song writer extraordinaire. Where do you thing the phrase "new songs daily" originated?! (okay, *almost* daily). And with an audience of like, 7?, 8?, 9 of my closest friends? I was on the verge of internet stardomnesshood!

Then the Thesis thing started... Then the new car, Then the studio theft, Then more Thesis, blah blah blah (or is it yadda yadda yadda?)…

Well, just because I'm not "writing" new songs daily, doesn't mean I'm not thinking of 'em!

Yesterday I said to a colleague,
"Yeah- I wrote a song in the shower this morning. It took about
8 seconds for it to become a song. But it'll never get recorded."

And then the rest of the morning it- the song- was eatin' at me. I couldn’t stop thinking about what a cool song that would be! So what's an addict to do? I take 30-40 minutes of a lunch break and a couple GarageBand tracks and bust out a one-verse song. Sure it sounds a lot like another song, but it's still funny. To me anyway.

And I've only listened to it about 30 times in the last 24 hours!!!

:bmp:

No comments: