16 October, 2007

Kalan Porter owes me $250!

photo courtesy google.com

Last night I was checking my webstats when I noticed a huge spike in hits this month for one of the oldest totally not serious tracks I've got online, "If You Could Read My Mind". It made no sense. However, I'm a pretty bright guy, so I grabbed a cup of chai and proceeded to practice my Google-Fu.

I vaguely remember the Gordon Lightfoot track. But that didn't connect. I dug deeper. Some chick named Amber did I remix of the Studio 54 hit. But nothing connected there either.

After some time, and a sidetrack onto sogou.com (go figure!) I think I figured it out- Canadian Idol contestant Kalan Porter. (ed. i didn't even know there was a Canadian Idol!). Apparently in a recent episode she did a cover of the 70's hit, and of course, the masses descend on the Internet to track it down. As a result, I've got yet another ludicrous bandwidth bill. And still no record deal.


Oh- and if you wanna hear If You Could Read My Mind" by The Bushfinger Music Project track, it's right here --> [cleeek] :)

edit: This just in- Kalan Porter- is a dude?!?

No comments: