07 December, 2006

Streetlight Flicker - Winter Circle

PROPS WHERE PROPS ARE DUE:

I stumbled on the "Garageband.com Faceoff" podcast about a two weeks ago (I was actually trying to find my own podcast on the podcastosphere).

Oklahomeboys, "Winter Circle" showed up a few episodes ago. Now, don't get me wrong- I really don't like "Streetlight Flicker"- Frankly, a bit to candy-coated for my taste. But dammit, just from the 40-50 seconds on the "faceoff", I can't get that damn chorus out of my head! Haven't even heard the full song and i'm singing "watch the color of the streetlight, flicka flicka" as i'm washing the dishes. "Okay- i gotta give em props", i said.

Actually the candy-coating reminds me of one of my first bands. (Hey- I was sixteen, gimme break!) I wrote them an email and signed it, "not necc. a fan but i know a well-written song when i hear one."

Visit Winter Circle at wintercircle.com and judge for yourself. If you like em, buy their album for Buddha's sake!

No comments: